Lucas Wagner is a Principal Research Scientist within Rockwell Collins’ Advanced Technology Center. His area of expertise is applying formal analysis techniques, particularly model checking, to industrial problems. Mr. Wagner’s background includes developing methods and tools to facilitate the use of formal methods into industrial development processes, the certification of avionics software using model checking, and the qualification of formal methods tools. He has served as the principal investigator on NASA- and AFRL-sponsored efforts to develop and mature formal methods technologies to improve their usage within the avionics community. Mr. Wagner is also the lead developer of the SpeAR tool which is designed to aid in the development, verification, validation, and certification of software requirements according to the guidelines set forth in DO-178C.
- The JKind Model Checker. A. Gacek, J. Backes, M. Whalen, L. Wagner, E. Ghassabani. Computer Aided Verification 2018.
- Proof-Based Coverage Metrics for Formal Verification. E. Ghassabani, M. Whalen, M. Heimdahl, A. Gacek, L. Wagner. Automated Software Engineering, October 2017.
- SIMPAL: A Compositional Reasoning Framework for Imperative Programs. L. Wagner, D. Greve, A. Gacek. International SPIN Symposium on Model Checking of Software, July 2017.
- SpeAR v2.0: Formalized Past LTL Specification and Analysis of Requirements. A. Fifarek, L. Wagner, E. Hoffman, B. Rodes, M. Aiello, J. Davis. NASA Formal Methods Symposium, May 2017.
- Qualification of a Model Checker for Avionics Software Verification. L. Wagner, A. Mebsout, C. Tinelli, D. Cofer, K. Slind. NASA Formal Methods Symposium, May 2017.
- Formal Methods Tool Qualification. L. Wagner, D. Cofer, K. Slind, C. Tinelli, A. Mebsout. NASA Contractor Report NASA/CR-2017-219371, 2017.
- Formal Requirements of a Simple Turbofan Using the SpeAR Framework. A. Fifarek, L. Wagner. International Society for Air Breathing Engines (ISABE), October 2015.
- Study on the Barriers to the Industrial Adoption of Formal Methods. J. Davis, M. Clark, D. Cofer, A. Fifarek, J. Hinchman, J. Hoffman, B. Hulbert, S. Miller, L. Wagner. FMICS 2013.